Thursday, June 21, 2007

Must You Go Out of Your Way...

to perpetuate the stereotype???

Now.. I realize that readers of this blog are blessedly ignorant of rap slang. In this case, "krunk" which is referencing "crunk", is a word popularized in rap... most noteably the rappers associated with southeastern US. The word refers to the state of being high on Chronic (Marijuana) and drunk... simultaneously.

Did anyone stop to think that maybe glorifying drugs and drunkenness with a product (basketball) marketed to young blacks in a predominantly black city was a freakin' dumb idea?

I'm sorry... you can call me a racist if ya want... but I don't know how I can be expected to take any black leader seriously that isn't screaming at the top of his lungs at how stupid and destructive this is.

You already have a stereotype of basketball players being drug using thugs... and you go and choose a name like Krunk for a team based in Atlanta???

Good.... Good thinkin'.

No comments: