Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Drink it Away!

Its summer... and with my wife planning a ginormous party this weekend... I've decided to being creating a sangria.... creation. I'm starting basic as it gets and going from there. Tonight... I'm rolling with this:

1 lemon
1 lime
1 orange
6 strawberries
1 cup pineapple wedges w/ juice
1/2 cup sugar
1 1/2 cup spiced rum (The Captain!)
1 750ml bottle of red wine
1 cup orange juice

I sliced the fruit into thin rounds and put it in a glass pitcher with the sugar and the rum... and I've let it sit in the fridge... I'm thinkin' about 2 hours. Then later tonight I'll add the wine and orange juice.

I picked up a bottle of ginger ale to add just in case.

What do you think? suggestions are welcome.

***UPDATE***

UnHoly Budda On a Popscicle stick! That crap is SWEET. Way to sweet. So far... the most successful attempt is... pour 1/3 of a tall glass full of the above mixture.. then fill the rest with ginger ale.

It is still very very sweet... but if it were 95 degrees outside and someone handed you a glass of this stuff... you'd drink it down and beg for more.

No comments: