Monday, August 16, 2004

The Curse

A few people have openly wondered what makes me think I know so much about women. After all, I'm only 30, and I've basicly been in two long term relationships since I was about 13. So how can a guy who's only dated 2 chicks in 20 years claim to understand women?

It's a good question, with a simple answer. I'm cursed.

Women who I barely know... or in some cases, don't know at all, will talk to me. They'll bare their soul to me. I don't ask them to do this, nor do I seek it out in anyway. but for as long as I can remember, they've been doing it. My girlfriend's friends... My friends' girlfriends... girls I've never seen before, or since.

And we're not talking about typical gossip here either. Chicks have told me things that they won't talk to their own sister about, or even their best friends.

Now.. when you spend 20 years listening to girls' problems, hopes, dreams, fears, and lusts, you eventually start to notice commonalities.

I've listened to happily married women talk about cheating on their husbands. I've listened to christian girls talk about experimenting with other girls. I know about friends who betrayed friends, family who betrayed family, and everything in between.

For reasons I find inexplicable, women confide in me. White, black, young, old, Christian and atheist... apparently even the wiccan ones.

So how do I know so much about chicks? Because I'm cursed. That's why.

No comments: