Friday, August 20, 2004

God Likes "Regressive" Taxes

ok... I really don't know what God likes or not... but I do know that a flat 10% tithe fits the bill of what liberals describe as a regressive tax.

Few things irritate me like hearing a Christian rant on about how God wants the rich to pay high taxes, and how support of tax cuts for the wealthy is somehow anti-Christian.

Listen up people! Just because I don't think the government has any business in Charity, doesn't mean that I don't like poor people!

In short, I don't think the government should be helping poor people. I think you and I should. Using the Government to help the poor is forcing people into charity. That may sound good, but Robin Hood was still a damned thief, and they should've strung him up.

Did it ever occur to anyone that the money that Robin Hood stole was being sent to a blacksmith, who had toiled all year working for the King? Or to the Baker? or to the men who built the new Mill that was now going to employ the poor?

MORONS!



No comments: