Monday, February 21, 2005

Back to the Grind

Back to work eh? So here I find myself... the monday after a fine vacation... Oh we all attempt to put an extra bound in our step on such days... but its for naught. One comfort I have... For the first time in ages... I am blissfully unaware of the tempests raging in the World's various tea-kettles.

Who'm I kiddin' anyway? The only difference today is the setting. Such is the benefit of early retirement!

I suppose none of you working types really want to read of my glorious days, spent in sunny south Georgia, with fine whiskey, and finer women... but alas... I shall type it just the same.

It all started when I loaded up Jeb and the Pregasaurus on wednesday. We rolled out around 10:00am... Thank God for vehicles with DVD's... that's all I'm sayin'. We made good time... and by 3:00 we started noticing that it was distinctly warmer... the thermometer on the mirror was now showing things like 65 and 67... numbers we don't see in West Virginia until after Easter!

Not to mention...there was this... bizarre thing.. hanging in the sky... and it was bright! Like... the brightest thing I'd seen in years... I seem to recall it from the bygone southron days... but I'd forgotten the name... The Sun! That's it! What a brilliant thing the Sun is... Something else we don't see in West Virginia... Ever...

We stopped at a Frugal McDougal's in South Carolina... where it was 71 degrees... and there was not a cloud in the sky... I don't know if you've ever been to a Frugal MacDougal's or not... but it's basicly a Walmart for Booze. That's were a snatched up the Russell's Reserve... and a fine chardonnay whose make escapes me at the moment...

Good times lay ahead....

You may not realize the point of my trip... but I assure you.... just reading the briefest description will put a smile on your face...

We were heading down for a friend's wedding ya see... a friend's... authentic... Indian Wedding.... Not a beat-on-your-tom-tom Indian... I mean a dot-on-your-head Indian. Yes. Now seriously... Can y'all picture me at such an event? yes yes there are tale to tell... Thankfully the bar was open... and the drinks were free...

Good times... There a few posts to come from this trip... No question.... From Jennifer's (Julie's other sweet and innocent sister) introduction to Bourbon, to the Indian Wedding... To the Whitey Wedding that evening... and the party there-after... not to mention the cavorting... construction... go-carts... and mini-rollercoasters!

We even ate at Sconyer's. I reckon I'll have to blog on that too...

Ah well... Have a good day work y'all.

No comments: