Thursday, November 16, 2006

All I Want...

Wear your seat belt. Put your kids in a car seat. Don't you dare have a 5 gallon tank on that toilet. Oh.. of course you can do that sir... so long as you X first... oh and Y... and Z too. Don't smoke. Don't let your kid taste your beer. Don't spank your kid. Don't speak harshly to your kid.

I'm sick of it.

I hate it.

I'm not asking a lot. I just want to be left alone. I don't want to be controlled.

I don't want your service. I don't want your compassion or even your interest. I just want to be left alone.

I can take care of my own self. I'm a big boy. I don't need 911. I don't need dog catchers, or trash collectors. I don't need a judge to settle the despute I have with my neighbor.

All I need... is for you... to get the hell out of my way.

That friends, is what the republicans lost. That's what they forgot. They're job isn't to solve our problems... which is what abominations like No Child Left Behind are attempting. They're job is to get the hell out of our way so we can solve our problems ourselves.

Its what the democrats will never understand. They'll scream at the top of their lungs... "We Care!!!"

And we'll shout back...

"We don't want you to!"

I've gotten to the point where I've largely insulated myself from society as a whole and government in particular.

I pay no taxes. I have no interaction with any kind of government. This is my generous attempt at keeping other alive. I don't go to the DMV ok? But I'm making no promises if a census taker knocks on our door.

This is why I want to leave. I can't stand it. Its suffocating. I feel like I'm living with an armed babysitter who's perfectly willing to kill me for my own good... and a particularly competent one at that.

Its the way of America... Progress... Progress.... always Sacred Progress... towards what?

A damned living hell as far as I can tell.

No comments: