Wednesday, November 15, 2006

NateMail

The Modest Mrs MooCow asks: I've got a Glock 19. I don't always carry a purse and if I did then I'd have to hold onto it all the time. I couldn't put it down and walk across the room. I would like to carry concealed on my person, but I haven't found a comfortable place to put it. I have a Bianchi (sp?) IWB holster. I wear bluejeans and t-shirts most days. Is there a better holster and where do you suggest carrying the Glock?

Hrm... Did i neglect to mention that the zipper on the purse was lockable? As for a comfortable place... it doesn't matter where it is... firearms are heavy. It takes some getting used to, but after a while you adjust and you find that it actually feels a little wierd to not have one on.

I think what we see here is, and I mean no offense to MrsMooCow, the typical female response. I want the benefits of X but none of the costs. Disturbingly I am hearing more and more of this from men to.

Carrying a weapon requires some changes. It means you may have to alter your normal dress. It means you may have to carry your purse almost all the time. It means you may not be 100% comfortable for a while.

That's just the way it is.

No comments: