Sunday, March 25, 2007

What Are They Thinking?

I'm trying to wrap my head around the strategic idiocy on display in Iran. Walk with me...

Lets see... Basicly they have us right where they want us. Our military is over extended and tired. The public is sick of the war... We'll be out of the middle east in 2 or 3 years.

Well... we would've been... if Iran hadn't decided to go and grab some british soldiers. The timing and stupidity of this action by Iran has Pearl Harbor written all over it. Oh I know... its not on the scale of Pearl Harbor... but rememember... if Iran executes these guys... its gonna piss of the Brits big time. Think we won't roll for Tehran with them? Think again.

Stuff like this energizes the American public. It pisses us off.

Watch... If this goes badly for those captured Brits... the American apetite for war will be awakened.

So the question is... Why? What does Tehran gain by stirring this pot? A single act like this is enough to make me question the supposed superior strategic minds of America's enemies. It makes me wonder if the previous events were just blind luck.

I mean come on... Its like Iran is over there saying... "The Fobs and Yanks are looking for a reason to attack us... but the public isn't behind them... so we're safe. Hey I know... Lets do something to radically increase public support for an attack on us! Yeah! That's a good one!"

Idiots.

No comments: