Thursday, January 10, 2008

The Joy of Dadhood

So an otherwise quiet morning was interupted by my wife's report the Eli had discovered a monster under the bed in the guest bedroom.

Now I don't know how y'all deal with your pest issues but we take our monster problems very seriously. Drwho took the boys off to seclusion while I suited up... boots... bastard sword... firearms... black cowboy hat. (please... everyone knows you need a black cowboy hat to fight monsters)

So... I head up stairs... slam the door... and being shoutin and hollering nonsense... it was a great battle indeed. Once the beast was slain.... I devoured it... then came downstairs, grabbed the spotbot, and proclaimed that no one was allowed to go back up until I gave the word.

So... while now its entirely likely that my kids really believe in monsters... they also know that if one ever comes around... daddy will kill it and eat it... and clean up its remains with spotbot.

No comments: