Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Eklan - 1 Fiberglass Bathtubs - 0

See... if you'd told me that one of my boys would destroy a major piece of functional furniture... like a bathtub... I would probably have said.. yeah.. I'm sure they will.... eventually. If you'd told me it would be Elkan... I would've said... yeah... I can see that. But if you had told me he was gonna do it yesterday... well that would've been a suprise.

Apparently Elkan and Nana were playing Hide-and-Go-Seek... a favorite game of theirs. They play it all the time over at Nana's house. So.. as usual... Nana was "hiding" in her bathroom... and Elkan comes bursting in... "running" as fast as he can... So fast in fact... that he didn't notice the bathroom scale. He tripped over it... and his head smashed into the bathtub.

I'm using the word smash deliberately here... because smash is exactly what he did.

Elkan stood up... cried for a few seconds... then wanted to play some more.

But the bathtub looks like someone hit it with a hammer. There's a 3 inch section that was literally shattered... pushed in... and generally broken.

To give the matter some perspective... remember... Elkan is 18 months old.

No comments: