Monday, January 05, 2009

Fail.

Well... I went to range today... And I must say... thanks to EN's rambling foolishness I found my mind wondering off to thought of pins shearing off as I looked through the sites of the new 1911. But before I get to far along... let me assure you... this is a true one hole shooter.

**BANG**

Oh...

That felt sweet. Easy big fella... we're testing for function here... it hit the target... don't bother looking to close... just move on. We'll worry about accuracy in a few minutes.

Ok.. so now I load two 230 grain hardballs into the mag...

**BANG**

Oh...

That felt sweet to... umm... why is the slide still back?

Hrm...

Failure to eject.

Clear.

Try again.

Failure to eject.

Dammit.

Excellent! Now we get to tune the extractor! sweet! see? Told you it was a one hole shooter. Oh well... let's check accuracy for shits and giggles. No bench available... kinda raining... 35 degrees outside... not the best conditions...

Still... 3 shots in an inch at 25 yards. I dare not speak ill.

No comments: