Friday, May 14, 2004

Ghost Rider

Red emailed a link to a story today. It's one I'd read before. It's been making the rounds on all the motorcycle sites and news groups. I have to tell you, even if you have no interest in motorcycles at all, you need to check this out. It's not a scam. Several motojournalists have actually met this girl and verified the claims.

So grab a cold drink boys and girls, and take a ride through the deadzone. I've never known webpages to be bone chilling. But then... before this... I never saw anyone riding a motorcycle through the areas destroyed by the Chernobyl Disaster.

Don't misinterperate this though. I'm a huge proponent of nuclear power. I see Chernobyl not as a mistake of engineering... but a mistake of human stupidity. You want to know what happens when you turn off all the safety measures, then try to make the reactor go critical? It does.

No comments: