Sunday, September 05, 2004

It's Game Day Baby!

I've got the brats out, I've got the beers chillin'! So... Honor of the public execution that will take place tonight at 8:00pm EST on ESPN... I give you:

ROCKY TOP

Wish that i was on old rocky top down in the tennessee hills
ain't no smoggy smoke on rocky top ain't no telephone bills
Once i had a girl on rocky top half bear the other half cat
wild as a mink but sweet as soda pop i still dream about that

Rocky top you'll always be home sweet home to me
good 'ol rocky top rocky top tennessee

Corn won't grow at all on rocky top dirts to rocky by far
thats why all the folks on rocky top get their corn from a jar
once two strangers climbed 'ol rocky top looking for a moonshine still
strangers ain't come down from rocky top reckon they never will

Rocky top you'll always be home sweet home to me
good 'ol rocky top rocky top tennessee

I've had years of cramped up city life trapped like a dog in a pin
all i know is it's a city life can't be simple again


No comments: