Friday, September 03, 2004

Somewhere Rosanne Barr is Singing.

Stick a fork in him. He's done.

What we saw lastnight was a great politician. What we saw lastnight was the end of this election. For months now, I've been shouting at the top of my lungs that this was a mismatch. Dubya demonstrated that quite clearly in his speech.

While John Kerry fumes about Viet Nam and flails at phantom attacks on his patriotism, Bush is busy defining him, as he has already defined himself, as a leftwing commie nutcase.

If Kerry has any brains at all, he'll drop out and save himself the humiliation.

Think back to Kerry's speech, and then compare it to that of Bush. Think of how petty the Dems look in comparison. That contrast, so vivid now, even with the haze of weeks between them. Imagine how rediculous Kerry is going to look, side by side with the man in a debate.

While I view this whole circus with disdain, there is a certain pleasure that I take in seeing an asshole like John Kerry get humiliated. Vox once said the convention is enough to make you wish for the by-gone days of innocence. I can't go that far. I can only say that they did a great job with the production, and the speeches.

Oh yeah.. and I love Zell Miller.

No comments: