Saturday, July 10, 2004

Book Club, Episode 1: SlaughterHouse 5

Ok, it's my blog so I guess I have to make the call. It's not like we only get to do this once so I don't reckon it's that important which book we do. A lot of you haven't read this, and it's fairly short, easy to find, and contraversial. All excellent reasons to pick it. So I did.

Now if you don't know anything about this book I will clue you in on this. One, it's not written in chronological order. Two, Kurt (I get to call him Kurt because I've met him a couple times) wrote it after surviving the fire bombing of Dresden. He survived by hiding in a building... well actually a slaughter-house. Slaughter-house number 5 to be exact.

So there ya go. I figure once a week or so I'll post some thoughts, that way we can all chime in and keep up with what's going on with everyone. Sounds kinda fun actually. I've got another book in mind for August. I think we're going non-fiction.. WWII history in fact...

UPDATE: Some of you (Gregg) apparently missed it in big bold letters up there, so I figured I better add the title to the main body. Kurt Vonnegut, Slaughterhouse 5. That's Slaughterhouse 5, by Kurt Vonnegut.

No comments: