Friday, July 16, 2004

Wisdom From Song
 
Cupid works for the Devil.
Be suspicious if he cries.
You know sex is usually good,
but it ain't always right.
 
Chocolate's just a bandaid,
and no matter what they say,
shoes don't stretch,
and men don't change.
 
It's always nice to see that at least someone gets it.  Plus, when songs like this come out, I get the added bonus of watching women sing them, all the while ignoring the fact that the song was written for, and about, them.  I mean... I just laugh my butt off watching girls who always flock to the fixer-upper type male, singing songs about how you can't fix men.
 
It's like watching them sing "stay with me" by Rod Stewart.  Here you have a song about a guy telling a woman to screw him and then leave in the morning... and women sing it like it's a love song.  It always crack up when I hear the girls sing, "just don't be there in the mornin' when I wake up."  It doesn't even register with them.
 
Of course, the greatest wisdom in the song I quoted is actually in the line, "Be suspicious if he cries."
 

No comments: