Saturday, May 04, 2013

The Derby

A sloppy track and a bunch of good horses that have never run on a sloppy track.  if you're looking for betting advice I've got nothing for ya.  This is honestly a deal where I have no idea.

Generally... in these situations I just say throw out the track factor... because you can't possibly predict it anyway.  So... I guess that means Orb.  When in doubt... go with the best horse in the field.

Theoretically.

*** UPDATE***

Called it.  Turns out Orb's a mudder.  He had a great trip.  Seeing him kick coming out of the last turn was beautiful.  He doesn't have the devastating deep kick that Big Brown had...  and he looked like he was running out of gas at the end.  I don't see Orb winning the Triple Crown... but man would I love to see him prove me wrong.

6 comments:

Susan said...

This proves one thing to me. You have a better prediction track record than Vox does. Did you lay a bet on Orb, or do you just watch the Derby for fun?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Nate said...

heheeh.... Susan if you liked this.. go back and read the post I put up before Big Brown won the derby.

I didn't just pick the winner. I described exactly what would happen.

Vidad said...

I thought Triple Crown was a type of booze. Didn't realize it was an award.

I also didn't know anyone gave a rat's behind about horse races.

I learned two new things in one day!

Nate said...

You live in florida.... and you didn't know anyone cared about horse racing....


Then again.. you do have a history of being oblivious. Right? Brad Paisley?

Vidad said...

Blame it on my extra 2-3 standard deviations in IQ...