Monday, December 23, 2013

Spokojnoj Nochi General

We lost Mikhail Kalashnikov today.  He passed at the age of 94.   I don't need to sing the praises of the AK-47 or the AK-74. You know who he was.  You know what he did.

The conflict between Russians and Americans has never made much sense to me to be honest... and I sincerely hope that John Moses Brown and General Kalashnikov get to share a beverage on the streets of gold.

So friends..  put the bourbon aside for one night.  And tonight...  raise a glass of vodka... to one of the finest firearms designers to ever walk this earth.  I'll leave you with some quotes from the General himself...

"I created a weapon to defend the motherland's borders. It's not my fault that it was sometimes used where it shouldn't have been. This is the fault of politicians"

"I wanted to invent an engine that could run for ever. I could have developed a new train, had I stayed in the railway. It would have looked like the AK-47 though."

"Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose."

"I shot with it a lot. I still do now. That is why I am hard of hearing."



Das Vidanya Mikhail.


8 comments:

Res Ipsa said...

He did a good job with his design. It was supposed to keep shooting no mater how badly it was used or abused and it has done its job.

Outlaw X said...

Never liked it up against the AR 10 or this one:

especially the 308

Never seen or used a finer gun. 1/4" groups at 100. Now let's get the tissues and Makers out for Nate.

Outlaw X said...

Try that shit with an AK. Of course Nate s living in the past and going to war, not shooting hogs.

Nate said...

No Outlaw... I prefer the AR platform too.

That doesn't change the fact that Kalash was one hell of a designer.

Russ said...

Let's face it: as a combat weapon, the AK is superior to the AR15. He done good.

Outlaw X said...

Just hacking on you Nate and your hatred for Remington's. Merry Christmas Bud.

cheddarman said...

I would like to see an AK-47 with the cartridge necked down to a 6.5 mm.

God bless, us, everyone, and Merry Christmass.

Sincerely

cheddarman

Booch Paradise said...

It's not exactly what you want, but there is always the AK 74 necked down to 5.45. There's usually some place trying to get rid of them for not to much, and the ammo is dirt cheap.