Monday, February 04, 2013

AC / DC Day!

Today... is officially AC/DC day here at the ol' blog.  I will be posting awesome stuff from the band throughout the day.  So check back and enjoy.  I am aiming to post the stuff you may not have heard in a while...rather than the standard classics.  Sit back and enjoy y'all.


ok kids... let's hear your AC/DC stories... favorite songs... favorite albums...  concerts...  everything.

Go.

Time for another clip...  how about... the closest thing to a ballad AC/DC ever did...

Ok... so how about an instrumental?   Yes... AC/DC has done instrumentals.  This is called DT... from Who Made Who... and the Maximum Overdrive Soundtrack.


ok..  time to start thinking about closing up shop...  how about...


14 comments:

Vidad said...

When can we have a Billy Joel day?

Nate said...

...


No.

Josh said...

Fag

Giraffe said...

Leave it to Vidad. That was awesome.

WaterBoy said...

I thought Love Song was closer to a ballad than Ride On. Faster tempo, but more like a 70's power ballad.

WaterBoy said...

Ride On strikes me as more bluesy, right down to the extended guitar solo. Only thing missing is the harmonica accompaniment on the chorus.

raggededge said...

You mean, Highway to Hell wasn't a ballad?

raggededge said...

I saw AC/DC in Amsterdam when I lived there in the late 70s. That was some crazy stuff, the Dutch weren't completely pussified yet at that time. Hashish, pot, and some entrepreneurial girls from the Red Light District made the whole scene surreal. Angus and Bon got so wasted that the encore was a complete disaster. No one gave a shit, we all thought it was some new song we had never heard before.

Nate said...

R.E.

That's awesome.

Susan said...

Only time I have ever heard their stuff was when it was used as part of the soundtrack of the Steven King movie, Maximum Overdrive.

The band also had a cameo at the beginning of the movie where a bridge starts raising by itself. They were in an old hippie van I believe, logo on the side.

Marla Maples (the 2nd ex Mrs. Trump) got hit in the face with a gigantic watermelon when it crashed through the windshield of the car she was in. I don't know why, but I enjoyed that scene.

Good times.

Susan said...

I am actually kind of surprised you did not do your inaugural music post for this year with somebody like Johnny Cash. Or is there a problem with him too?

jm said...

I'm always a little perturbed at how little love "Let Me Put My Love Into You" gets. It's such an underrated gem.

Vidad said...

"Nate: R.E. That's awesome."

Seconded. I laughed.

Nate said...

A problem??? With Johnny Cash???

No. The man is near the apex of american music... which puts him high in the running for the apex world wide.

And I met him once... at the opry. I was dating a girl that was the grand daughter of an old school country star and Cash had watched her grow up.