Monday, May 19, 2008

Your First

Few things are this personal... this... private. What I am about to share... I have no business sharing... and what I am about to ask... I have no business asking.

Still... When has that stopped me?

My first... I was 10 years old... It was actually at Walmart.

I remember I had my own cash on me... cash I had horded from birthdays and christmases gone by... And I simply could not resist...

It was the first time I betrayed the toy section... and chose instead the music section. To this day I have no idea why I got why I did... something about the jacket.. of course... I've always been a pirate at heart... so could I really have been expected to resist the chrome skull and cross bones?

I bought it... I loved it... I absolutely wore the tape out. I listened to it continually... and no doubt my parents wanted to ring my neck for it. I got to the point that I could play the drum parts in my sleep.

Now... think back to 1983.... imagine a small town eaten up with top 40 pop culture... where every kid thought Michael Jackson was the greatest thing ever... and a ten year old boy... jamming this. Of course... back then videos were a lot better than they are now.


That's right. In 1983 I was 10 years old... and I was rocking Krokus.


Ok... I've shared my embarassing first music purchase.

Now its your turn!

You are hearby ordered to share yours as well. Lets see a link. I wanna know... year... band... album... Lets see a youtube vid of a song off the first album you ever bought with your own money.

No comments: