Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Project 870

While I am embarassed to admit that I have an off-brand shotgun, I wanted to share my latest project with y'all. I know I know... I wanted a Winchester Defender too... but this is what my

father-in-law gave me so this is what I'm rolling with. Don't get me wrong now... I love this gun. Its as solid as the day is long. If there is a more reliable piece of equipment than an industry standard pump shotgun I don't know what it is. I will go one step further and state that for close quarters combat there are few things more effective than a short-barrelled shotgun. Suffice it to say that between this and my .40 I sleep pretty well at night.





So if I'm so happy, what's Project 870 about? Well lets face it... the weapon needs some modifications. First off I'm gonna start with a pistol grip and fore-stock. I'm gonna add an extended mag tube with a flashlight mount... new sites... and maybe one of those folding stocks... I'm undecided on the stock at this point... I'm leaning towards a plain old pistol grip.

In the end Project 870 should add some serious cool factor to the ol' pump, not to mention practical combat efficiency.

No comments: