Friday, May 18, 2007

ATF


Well... here we are... Its friday.... you know what to do... may as well get on with it. Wait... hold on... I need some tunes real quick... Robert Earl Keen.... yeah... that'll do. Now where was I?

Oh yeah....

A: Shit... I've got nothing... I mean nothing in my hand right now. Un-frackin' Acceptable. Hold Please... ... ... there we go. Blue Moon.. Summer Ale they call it. I call it tastey. Mildly sweet finish... far less so than say... NewCastle.... more subtle. Good good stuff. Damned refreshing.

T: I ain't smoked tonight... though clearly I need to. I am obviously on a big time CAO kick lately. Oh... I remember what I was gonna say about this... Ahem... If you smoke Acid Cigars... you're a fag. Yup... that was it.

F: Lets talk concealment boys. This week I got in my pair of NRA 5.11 Tactical Jeans. First let me say, if you're gonna get some, get one size larger in the waist than you normally wear. 32's fit perfect on me... but these are a little snug. Also, if you're like me and you require a relaxed fit (Tennis legs) these are gonna fit you tighter than you'd like. In fact... they're liable to cause unwanted attention from your ol' lady. Ya been warned. Now... the low down... First of all they have inside pockets in the front for concealed carry. They are in between your hips and your belt buckle below the waist line. If you think you're gonna carry a full-sized service pistol here think again. I carried a millenium in .40 for an hour and that was all I could stand. On the other hand... if you have a PPK or something slim like it... you could be all set. Also, if you're like Bill and sport a stubby in your drawers... these pants are right up your alley. My snub .357 fits just right. No print at all. I'll allow that it does take some getting used to.

On the other front... I don't know about y'all but I can't stand to have anything in my pants pockets but change. That means I'm all the time looking for places to put things like my cell phone. A couple years ago I aquired a denim vest and found myself wearing it more and more. This week I bit the bullet and upgraded to a Coronado Leather Company CCW Vest.

All I can say is wow. This is the nicest leather I've ever seen. For CCW you have two inside pockets that are completely hidden, one on each side of the front vest split. Mid-sized pistols work very well in these. Carry a pistol in one, and mags in another, and you'll find the vest hangs perfectly. Its like wearing a very comfortable shoulder rig, but the concealment is total. I mean total. No print. No hint. Now... the down side is... I don't know if I can pull it off in 100 degree weather. But I'll probably try anyway. Its that nice.

So.... what's your story?

No comments: