Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Center Mass

When you go to the range... what do you consider center mass? Do you have a specific defined area? Or are you just thinking... somewhere in the torso there?

My thinking on this is a little different than most. That makes sense because in general most never think about this at all. Center mass just means center mass.

Actually... the human center of gravity is about 2 inches below the naval. I doubt many of you are aiming there.

When I practice... I think of a triangle from the nipples... up to a point at the base of the neck/ top of the sternum. You want to drop somone for certain? You have 2 choices... hit that triangle... or make a head shot.

Don't get me wrong... I'm sure gut shots and sucking chest wounds hurt... but I'll bet having your heart blown through your spine hurts like a bitch to.

No comments: