Monday, May 01, 2006

Draft Recap

Ok... so I've finally let the finality of it all hit me... the draft is over. Vince Young is the Titan's Next Big Thing.

I'm not disappointed. It's not that... its just that I liked Jay Cutler a lot better. I felt we could've traded down and added a load of picks and still got an awesome QB. Oh well... we'll see how it goes.

I don't mean to sound disappointed mind you. After all... the Titans landed Vince Young and Lendale White. That's unbelievable to me. Lendale White? In the middle of the second round? Maddness! The Titans had the boy at number 16 overall on their draft board. In-freakin'-sane.

On to the other picks... Mahelona... the big interior lineman from Tennessee... that was a great pick. I love Jesse. Huge.... sick strong... loves the weight room. Can't beat him. He reminds me a lot of Joe Salevea.

Orr... the Wideout from Wisconsin... another unsung kid. Great speed though... he will stretch the field. He's the Titans Tyrone Calico insurance policy.

I wish we'd drafted at least one offensive lineman... but hell... that's pickin' a nit.

So what does this mean for next year?

Sometime in the next 24-hours McNair is either going to be cut or traded. The Titans will officially hand the keys to Billy Volek who will keep the job until Vince Young is ready. Vince probably won't play at all next year... and he may even sit for two years like McNair did. Either way though... The Titans are looking pretty good with their off-season additions. Expect a power running game with Travis Henry and Lendale White getting most of the work. Chris Brown is about done in Tennessee.

Now that I think about it...

Vince Young... Lendale White... Travis Henry...

Ya know... you could put the wishbone in against some of these NFL Defenses and utterly destroy them.

Hrmmm...

No comments: