Friday, July 01, 2005

Not a Moment to Soon

Sandra Day O'Connor has announced her retirement from SCOTUS. Good says I. Baby killin' wench. I am suprised by her announcment though... I really expected her to try to appease the Roe Rangers... and other such miscreants by stayin' on until after the Bush admin expired.

This makes me seriously question Rhenquist's decision to retire. I'm started to really doubt it. Few people realize how badly he wants to write the decision that overturns Roe. Replace Sandra with a pro-choice vote, and he'd get to do that very thing. He almost got it done back in the early 90's, but Kennedy backed out at the last minute...

Of course... this is all assuming that the Cowardly Elephant may actually somehow summon up enough balls to appoint a pro-life justice...

Not likely.

No comments: