Friday, June 25, 2004

A Year at Home

Now I know to people like Spacebunny and myself, the weekend has no real meaning. Cause hey, it ain't like we go to work on the other 5 days. But I do remember being excited about days like this. So... rather than talk about the highbrow stuff we usually cover here... ahem... we'll move on to something less heavy...

So it's been a little over a year since I retired. I can honestly say that retirement suits me. There were twinges at times before I quit. I would worry about being bored, or feeling useless as tits on a boar hog. These were fleeting moments where clearly some great stupidity had seeped into my otherwise vastly powerful brain.

I can't for the life of me imagine why any family would forego something like this.

I've noticed some fun stuff. For example, women who work tend to feel the need to defend themselves around me, while men who work are almost all fascinated. The men ask questions about how it is accepted socially, and how I spend my time, while the women almost immediately launch into a mindnumbing diatribe about how important their job is and how amitious they are. I wonder if these chicks have any clue as to how unattractive that is to a man... It's the equivilent of a man telling a woman how much he likes to wear silk panties.

I can't see myself ever ging back to work. I will definately farm, and 10 years down he road, I may start some business out of that... Maybe a pumpkin' patch / Christmas tree farm, or a huntin' reserve. Who knows? I may just open a little booze shop and call it a life. Hey... you laugh... ain't no such thing as a package store that don't make money.

So anyway... The week flew by for me... but then... I don't go to work in a cubicle, or at all for that matter. It's gonna be a big weekend around here, so don't expect much outta me. I may cover situational awareness tonight, or we may give the dead horse the weekend off. Jeb, Julie, and me are goin' campin' either tonight or Saturday night, and Sunday me and the boys are takin' a long ride while Julie stirs up some trouble somewhere here in town. Looks like there's gonna be about 7 of us, so it'll be a big time... no doubt.

Y'all have fun this weekend. We damned sure will.

No comments: